Part Number: 2258
Weight: 3.11 lb
Share This Page
- Converts torsion spring mini mills to air spring
- Allows travel to the top of the column
- Provides better support for the mill head
Convert torsion spring mini mills to air spring.
Most mini mills use a torsion spring mounted on the side of the column to support the head. This kit provides all the parts required to change to a vertical air spring that mounts inside and above the column.
With the air spring installed, you can move the mill head up until the top of the casting is almost flush with the top of the column. You can move it down until it almost contacts the adjustable Z-axis stop set in its lowest position.
Besides all the parts required to mount the air spring, this kit also includes a longer Z-axis rack so you can take advantage of the longer head motion.
This air spring has about 35 pounds of force. This is not enough to totally support the head, but it is a heck of a lot more support than the torsion arm provides.
This kit comes with complete instructions for installation.
This product works with the following mills:
- Bolton XJ9510 Mill/Drill
- Cummins (Tools Now) 7877 Mini Mill
- Grizzly G8689 Mini Milling Machine
- Harbor Freight 44991 Central Machinery Mini Mill/Drill
- Hare & Forbes HM-10 Mini Mill Drill
- Homier 03947 Speedway Mini Mill
- Micro-Mark 82573 MicroLux Milling Machine
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.