Quick Change Tool Post Set for Prazi & Emco Lathes 2488 (Discontinued)
- Fits Prazi & Emco lathes
- Made from 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Hard Anodized for durability and appearance
- No tools required to change tools
- Additional tool holders available
Made by A2Z CNC.
The turning tool holders accept tools up to 3/8" shank. The boring tool holder accepts boring bars with 3/8" shanks. The cut-off tool holder holds 1/2" tall parting blades.
This tool post includes the parts to mount on Prazi SD300 and SD400 lathes, many Emco lathes, and other lathes that secure the tool post with an M8 bolt. On the SD300 you can only use tools with up to 5/16" shank. Fits the Proxxon PD400 with a 1/4" (6 mm) spacer under the tool post.
This fits the Emco Compact 8 with a shop-made center post. See the drawing in Chris' Tips. You can use tool bits up to 5/16" shank, but can't use the cut-off tool holder.
This product works with these LittleMachineShop.com products:
- 1246 Boring Bar Set, 3/8" Shank, Carbide
- 1779 Boring Bar, 3/8" Indexable
- 1720 Boring Bar, 3/8" Indexable, HSS Triangle Inserts, A R Warner Kit #12
- 1930 Cut-Off Blade, P1N
- 1729 Cut-Off Blade, P1N, M2 HSS
This product works with lathes with a M8 Tool Post Mounting including:
- Prazi MD200 4x8 Lathe
- Grizzly M1015 Shop Fox 6x10 Micro Lathe
- Micro-Mark 85181 MicroLux 6x10 Micro Lathe
- SIEG C1 6x10 Micro Lathe
- Woodstock International M1015 Shop Fox 6x10 Micro Lathe
- Emco Compact 5 5x14 Lathe
- Prazi SD300 5x12 Lathe
- Prazi SD400 7x16 Lathe
- Emco Compact 8 8x17 Lathe
- BD-920N Jet 9x20 Lathe
- Grizzly G4000 9x19 Bench Lathe
- Harbor Freight 45861 Central Machinery 9x20 Bench Lathe
- Prazi SD500 10x20 Lathe