HiTorque 8.5x20 Bench Lathe, Deluxe
- DRO and digital dials, inch and metric threading
- 120VAC 60 Hz
- 1000 Watt (1.34 HP) brushless DC drive
- Power longitudinal feed and power cross feed
- 4" (100 mm) 3-jaw self centering lathe chuck
The Deluxe model includes digital readouts (DRO) on the compound rest, cross slide, carriage, and tailstock (cross slide and carriage DROs feed data via magnetic scales to a Bluetooth equipped tablet display). All DROs read equally accurately in inches and mm.
The Deluxe model also includes an AXA quick change tool post set with five tool holders; anodized aluminum hand wheels with black anodizing in the centers; chrome knobs and levers; and a heavy duty splash guard that covers the full bed length. In addition, the compound rest is modified to better accommodate the quick change tool post.
The 1000 Watt brushless spindle drive motor provides tremendous low-end torque. And you can vary the speed from 100 rpm to 2000 rpm continuously in both directions. There are no gears to shift. The updated control panel allows you to stop and then restart the lathe at a pre-selected speed.
A reversible 2 mm pitch lead screw provide extended threading capability. With our lathe machinery, you can create every American Standard Unified class 2A inch screw thread from 8 to 80 threads per inch, and you can create every American Standard Metric class 6h thread from 0.2 to 8 mm pitch with the change gears that are included. All the gears on this lathe are metal.
The LittleMachineShop.com model 7550 HiTorque 8.5x20 Bench Lathe for sale is a version of the SIEG SC4 bench lathe.
*NOTE* We ship machines only to the US and Canada.
- 1000 Watt output spindle motor
- DRO on compound, cross feed, carriage, and tailstock
- All DROs read equally accurately in inches and mm.
- AXA quick change tool post set
- Genuine NSK ball bearings
- Induction hardened ways
- Power longitudinal feed
- Anodized aluminum hand wheels with black anodizing in centers
- Chrome knobs and levers
- Power cross feed
- E-stop safety power switch
- Extended threading capability - inch and metric threads
- Cam lock tailstock
- Reversible lead screw for right and left hand threads
|Swing Over Bed||8.5" (215 mm)|
|Swing Over Saddle||4.6" (118 mm)|
|Distance Between Centers||20" (510 mm)|
|Cross Slide Travel||3.9" (100 mm)|
|Spindle Through Hole||0.8" (20 mm)|
|Spindle Taper||#3 Morse taper|
|Tailstock Taper||#2 Morse taper|
|Range of Threads||6-80 TPI; 0.25-4.0 mm|
|Spindle Motor Output||1.34 hp (1000 Watts)|
|Spindle Speed||100 - 2000 RPM|
|Power Requirements||120 V 60 Hz 12 Amps|
|Machine Weight||220 lbs (100 kg)|
|Crated Weight||281 lbs (128 kg)|
|Overall Dimensions (W x D x H)||40" x 22" x 16" (1010 mm x 550 mm x 400 mm)|
|Crate Dimensions (W x D x H)||44" x 28" x 22" (1110 mm x 700 mm x 550 mm)|
|HiTorque 8.5x20 Deluxe Bench Lathe|
|AXA quick change tool post, DRO and modified compound rest on HiTorque 8.5x20 Deluxe Bench Lathe|
|AXA quick change tool post mounted on modified compound rest on Deluxe HiTorque 8.5x20 Bench Lathe|
|Tailstock digital dial on the Deluxe HiTorque 8.5x20 Bench Lathe|
|Control panel - forward|
|Control panel - reverse|
|Bluetooth DRO display|
|Induction hardened bedways|
|Tailstock and compound DRO display|
|Tailstock and compound DRO display in millimeters|
|Tailstock and compound DRO display in inches|
The Deluxe Bench Lathe comes with the following:
- 4" (100 mm) 3-jaw self centering lathe chuck with two sets of jaws and a chuck wrench
- AXA Quick change tool post set
- A #3 Morse taper dead center for the headstock
- A #2 Morse taper dead center for the tailstock
- Change gear set
- Three open end wrenches
- Five hex (Allen) wrenches
- Android tablet for the DRO
These machines ship by freight truck because they are simply too heavy and bulky for UPS Parcel Service. If your location will be difficult for larger truck/Semi-trailer, please let us know.
We normally ship truck orders a day or two after we receive the order. For local orders transportation usually takes no more than a day or two. For orders going across county or over water the transportation time can be up to a week or longer.
We add the following shipping cost to your order total:
We ship machines only to the US and Canada.
Freight Terminal (pick-up)
Commercial Address (inc. Limited Access Sites)
**Liftgate: Add liftgate if forklift or loading dock is not available onsite.
*Local refers to the parts of Southern California served by Hollywood Delivery Service.
**Liftgate service is included in local delivery and residential delivery. A loading dock or forklift is assumed in commercial deliveries. If these are not available, please add this extra service.
- Contact and delivery. Ensure you choose the correct type of delivery, have a dedicated contact person/number, and are ready on day of delivery. Freight companies charge an additional fee if delivery exceeds 30 minutes.
- Only one shipping charge for entire pallet (up to 700 pounds total). The shipping charges shown above cover the cost of shipping the machine and anything else that you purchase with it, including a second machine, stand, tooling, and accessories.
- A "commercial address" has a sign with company name, a public entrance and posted hours of operation. If you are running a business at your residence without a public entrance and posted company name and hours of operation it is considered a residence and a not commercial address.
- A "limited access" designation is required for "Secured Locations" (schools, colleges, universities, university hospitals, military bases, government facilities, etc). Please provide accurate details on delivery in special instructions.
- "Terminal Pickup" allows for pickup at local terminal. If there is not a terminal within 50 miles (or 1 hour), we will confirm with you that you still want Terminal Pickup. Terminals tend to be near highways (usually miltiple intersecting) and industrial centers. Only certain terminals allow pick-up.
- "Residential delivery" does not include moving machine into home/garage/workshop or any setup. Delivery is to start of driveway on the street that the delivery truck can access. (See inside delivery below.)
For delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico
We will check with several trucking companies to get the best price and then call for your approval before we ship.
Truck Freight shipping to Canada involves 3 distinct charges in addition to the product costs. (All amounts are in US Dollars, see the current mid-market exchange rate.)
- Canadian Provincial Taxes (GST, PST, HST) depending on which province the shipment is going to. This will be 5% - 15% added to total sales amount depending on province (Canadian Sales Tax).
- Hemisphere Customs Brokerage which handles all customs clearance requirements. This is a flat fee of $108 on any shipment.
- Truck Freight from Southern California to destination in Canada. This is generally $300-$500 for residential liftgate delivery and appointment for single machine + tooling orders. Delivery to a terminal for pick-up or a commercial location with loading capabilities can reduce this cost substantially.
To get a quotation that includes the shipping costs, add the products you want to the shopping cart and continue the checkout process until you reach the Payment page. On the Payment page, select the Quotation option. We will add the shipping costs and return a complete quotation to you within one business day.
Some carriers offer Inside Delivery which gets the machine inside one doorway or into your garage. If you select this we will confirm availability before shipping:
|Inside Delivery||Local||Continental US|
Gets the machine inside 1 threshold
This is simply pushing pallet jack to move crate a little closer to destination or up driveway into garage.
Once shipment in transit carrier can not change service or refund charge. CALL IF QUESTIONS...