Part Number: 1744
Weight: 3.00 lb
Share this page:
- Machinery's Handbook 31st Edition - Toolbox
- By Erik Oberg, Franklin Jones, Holbrook Horton, Henry Ryffel, Christopher McCauley
- 2996 pages, hardcover, 4.6" x 7"
- ISBN 978-0-8311-3731-1
- Copyright 2020
Since the first edition published more than 100 years ago, Machinery’s Handbook has been the most popular engineering resource of all time. Universally considered the principal reference in the manufacturing and mechanical industries, the Handbook is the ultimate collection of essential information needed by engineers, designers, drafters, metalworkers, toolmakers, machinists, educators, students, and serious home hobbyists. From engineering and design departments, machine and metalworking shops, and a wide range of manufacturing and industrial facilities, to countless classrooms and workshops worldwide, this is the must-have technical reference.
New in the 31st Edition
* Additive Manufacturing: Expert discussions, exploring 3D printing materials, techniques, and workflow, compare traditional machining to today’s additive manufacturing processes.
* Machine Elements and Operations: Updated and expanded coverage of CAD/CAM operations, boring, nontraditional cutting methods, O-rings and glands, and transmission chains.
* Manufacturing and Materials: Additional information on utilizing today’s plastics, powder metallurgy standard and tool steels, manufacturing stresses, and preventing corrosion.
* Metal Casting and Molding: New information for working with iron, steel, nonferrous metals, and alloys, metal casting and molding processes, and modeling and design considerations.
* Math, Measurement, and Dimensioning: Reorganized, revised, and expanded sections provide ready access to clear information, essential formulas, and everyday calculations and conversions.
* Metalworking Processes: More on brazing, soldering, welding, nondestructive testing, forming sheet metal, mill finishes, passivation, electropolishing, and plating.
* Threads and Threading: The latest series and selected combinations for Unified Screw Threads.
* All ASME and ANSI standards have been reconfirmed and revised, including the game-changing ASME Y14.5-2018 standard.
* Thousands of revisions, including new and updated text, tables, equations, and figures.
* The metric content continues to be expanded. Throughout the book, wherever practical, metric units are shown adjacent to the U.S. customary units in the text. Many formulas are now presented with equivalent metric expressions, and metric examples have been added.
* The detailed tables of contents located at the beginning of each section have been expanded and fine-tuned to make finding topics easier and faster.
* The page count has increased, by 100 pages, to 2,996 pages.
License and Limited Warranty Agreement
Table of Contents
Mathematics Numbers, Fractions, and Decimals; Algebra and Equations; Geometry; Solution of Triangles; Matrices; Manufacturing Data Analysis; Engineering Economics
Mechanics and Strength of Materials Mechanics; Velocity, Acceleration, Work, and Energy; Strength of Materials; Properties of Bodies; Beams; Columns; Plates, Shells, and Cylinders; Shafts; Springs; Disc Springs; Fluid Mechanics
Properties, Treatment, and Testing of Materials The Elements, Heat, Mass, and Weight; Properties of Wood, Ceramics, Plastics, Metals; Standard Steels; Tool Steels; Hardening, Tempering, and Annealing; Nonferrous Alloys; Plastics
Dimensioning, Gaging, and Measuring Drafting Practices; Allowances and Tolerances for Fits; Measuring, Instruments, and Inspection Methods; Surface Texture
Tooling and Toolmaking Cutting Tools; Cemented Carbides; Forming Tools; Milling Cutters; Reamers; Twist Drills and Counterbores; Taps; Standard Tapers; Arbors, Chucks, and Spindles; Broaches and Broaching; Files and Burs; Knurls and Knurling; Tool Wear and Sharpening
Machining Operations Cutting Speeds and Feeds; Speed and Feed Tables; Estimating Speeds and Machining Power; Micromachining; Machining Econometrics; Screw Machines, Band Saws, Cutting Fluids; Machining Nonferrous Metals and Non-Metallic Materials; Grinding Feeds and Speeds; Grinding and Other Abrasive Processes; CNC Numerical Control Programming
Manufacturing Processes Sheet Metal Working and Presses; Electrical Discharge Machining; Iron and Steel Castings; Soldering and Brazing; Welding; Lasers; Finishing Operations
Fasteners Torque and Tension in Fasteners; Inch Threaded Fasteners; Metric Threaded Fasteners; Helical Coil Screw Thread Inserts; British Fasteners; Machine Screws and Nuts; Cap and Set Screws; Self-Threading Screws; T-Slots, Bolts, and Nuts; Rivets and Riveted Joints; Pins and Studs; Retaining Rings; Wing Nuts, Wing Screws, and Thumb Screws; Nails, Spikes, and Wood Screws
Threads and Threading Screw Thread Systems; Unified Screw Threads; Calculating Thread Dimensions; Metric Screw Threads; Acme Screw Threads; Buttress Threads; Whitworth Threads; Pipe and Hose Threads; Other Threads; Measuring Screw Threads; Tapping and Thread Cutting; Thread Rolling; Thread Grinding; Thread Milling; Simple, Compound, Differential, and Block Indexing
Gears, Splines, and Cams Gears and Gearing; Hypoid and Bevel Gearing; Worm Gearing; Helical Gearing; Other Gear Types; Checking Gear Sizes; Gear Materials; Splines and Serrations; Cams and Cam Design
Machine Elements Plain Bearings; Ball, Roller, and Needle Bearings; Lubrication; Couplings, Clutches, Brakes; Keys and Keyseats; Flexible Belts and Sheaves; Transmission Chains; Ball and Acme Leadscrews; Electric Motors; Adhesives and Sealants; O-Rings; Rolled Steel, Wire, Sheet-Metal, Wire Rope; Shaft Alignment
Measuring Units Symbols and Abbreviations; Measuring Units; U.S. System and Metric System Conversions
This item ships directly from our supplier in Illinois to you. It might
be a day or two longer before it ships, and you will receive it in a separate
package from other items on your order. You might receive this item a few
days before or a few days after you receive items shipped from our warehouse.
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.