Part Number: 1777
Weight: 0.71 lb
The price above includes $5.25 tariff surcharge.
Share This Page
This is the bottom half of the compound rest on the mini lathe.
This part has a second set of holes that moves the center of rotation of the compound rest to help eliminate chatter.
This part is also about 1/4" thinner than the standard part. This makes it possible to mount AXA or Series 100 tool posts on the mini lathe.
Use the holes nearest the end of the part. Do not expect to use this without a quick change tool post of some sort. It will place the standard tool post about 1/4" too low.
The thread pitch is 1 mm so the compound advances 0.040" (actually 0.0394") per revolution. Use with a dial that has 40 divisions.
We offer two compound rest bottoms modified to J. W. Early's design.
Parts 1677 and 1880 have a second set of holes that move the pivot of the compound rest which helps to cut down on chatter.
Parts 1777 and 1881 has the second set of holes, but is also about 1/4" thinner than the standard part.
This product works with these LittleMachineShop.com products:
This product works with lathes with a 85 to 85 inch swing including:
- Harbor Freight 33684 Central Machinery 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Harbor Freight 93212 Central Machinery 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Bolton CQ9318 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Cummins (Tools Now) 5278 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Grizzly G8688 7x12 Mini Metal Lathe
- Harbor Freight 93799 Central Machinery 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Homier 03911 Speedway 7x12 Mini Bench Metal Lathe
- SIEG C2 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Tormach 30689 7x12 Duality Lathe
- Warco 3004 7x12 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 3005 7x12 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
- LittleMachineShop.com 4200 HiTorque 7x12 Deluxe Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4100 HiTorque 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Micro-Mark 82710 MicroLux 7x14 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com C3 SIEG 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Big Dog BD-0618Ax300 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Big Dog BD-0618x300 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Warco 4820-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 4800-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
- Grizzly G0765 7x14 Mini Lathe
In your instruction manual, this part appears on the parts list as:
Click your model to see the complete parts list.
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.