Part Number: 1777
Weight: 0.71 lb
This product is currently backordered.
What is "estimated availability"?
Click this button if you want to receive an email notification
when this product becomes available.
Share this page:
- Pre-drilled & milled compound rest bottom, mini lathe
- Extra holes to eliminate chatter
- 1/4" thinner that standard part allows AXA tool posts
- For lathes with a 1 mm thread pitch, 0.0394" per revolution
- Fits numerous SIEG C2 and C3 and HiTorque mini lathes
This is the bottom half of the compound rest on the mini lathe.
This part has a second set of holes that moves the center of rotation of the compound rest to help eliminate chatter.
This part is also about 1/4" thinner than the standard part. This makes it possible to mount AXA or Series 100 tool posts on the mini lathe.
Use the holes nearest the end of the part. Do not expect to use this without a quick change tool post of some sort. It will place the standard tool post about 1/4" too low.
The thread pitch is 1 mm so the compound advances 0.040" (actually 0.0394") per revolution. Use with a dial that has 40 divisions.
See compatibility tab for reference to machines or other related products that use this product. See Used On tab for reference to machines using this part and the corresponding drawing number.
We offer two compound rest bottoms modified to J. W. Early's design.
Parts 1677 and 1880 have a second set of holes that move the pivot of the compound rest which helps to cut down on chatter.
Parts 1777 and 1881 has the second set of holes, but is also about 1/4" thinner than the standard part.
This product works with these LittleMachineShop.com products:
This product works with lathes with a 85 to 85 inch swing including:
- Enco 110-0803 Enco 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Harbor Freight 33684 Central Machinery 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Harbor Freight 93212 Central Machinery 7x10 Mini Lathe
- MSC 0192857 Enco 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Bolton CQ9318 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Busy Bee Tools CX704 Craftex 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Cummins (Tools Now) 5278 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Eastwood 32497 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Grizzly G8688 7x12 Mini Metal Lathe
- Harbor Freight 93799 Central Machinery 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Homier 03911 Speedway 7x12 Mini Bench Metal Lathe
- Northern Tool 49656 KLUTCH 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Princess Auto 8507659 Powerfist 7x12 Mini Lathe
- SIEG C2 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Tormach 30689 7x12 Duality Lathe
- Travers Tools OT222300 OTMT 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Warco 3004 7x12 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 3005 7x12 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
- WEN 3455 WEN 7x12 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4200 HiTorque 7x12 Deluxe Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4100 HiTorque 7x12 Mini Lathe
- SIEG SC2 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Micro-Mark 82710 MicroLux 7x14 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4959 SIEG 7x14 Mini Lathe
- SIEG C3 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Big Dog BD-0618Ax300 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Big Dog BD-0618x300 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Warco 4820-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 4800-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
- Grizzly G0765 7x14 Mini Lathe
In your instruction manual, this part appears on the parts list as:
Click your model to see the complete parts list.
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.