Part Number: 1881
Weight: 1.00 lb
Share this page:
- Pre-drilled compound rest bottom, mini lathe, 20 TPI
- For 20 TPI lathes that advance 0.050" per revolution per revolution
- Extra holes to eliminate chatter
- 1/4" thinner that standard part allows AXA tool posts
- Fits Micro-Mark and HiTorque 4200 mini lathes
This is the bottom half of the compound rest on the mini lathe.
This part has a second set of holes that moves the center of rotation of the compound rest to help eliminate chatter.
This part is also about 1/4" thinner than the standard part. This makes it possible to mount AXA or Series 100 tool posts on the mini lathe.
Use the holes nearest the end of the part. Do not expect to use this without a quick change tool post of some sort. It will place the standard tool post about 1/4" too low.
The thread is 20 TPI so the compound advances 0.050" per revolution. Use with a dial that has 50 divisions.
See compatibility tab for reference to machines or other related products that use this product. See Used On tab for reference to machines using this part and the corresponding drawing number.
We offer two compound rest bottoms modified to J. W. Early's design.
Parts 1677 and 1880 have a second set of holes that move the pivot of the compound rest which helps to cut down on chatter.
Parts 1777 and 1881 has the second set of holes, but is also about 1/4" thinner than the standard part.
This product works with these LittleMachineShop.com products:
This product works with the following lathes. (If your machine is not on this list, check with us before ordering.)
- LittleMachineShop.com 4200 HiTorque 7x12 Deluxe Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4100 HiTorque 7x12 Mini Lathe
- SIEG SC2 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Micro-Mark 82710 MicroLux 7x14 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4959 SIEG 7x14 Mini Lathe
- SIEG C3 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Big Dog BD-0618Ax300 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Big Dog BD-0618x300 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Warco 4820-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 4800-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
In your instruction manual, this part appears on the parts list as:
Click your model to see the complete parts list.
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.