Part Number: 4116
Weight: 7.60 lb
Purchased individually $338.55
The price above includes $3.83 tariff surcharge.
Share this page:
- Tormach 0XA (Series 000) QCTP set
- 1/2" professional grade drill chuck, 2MT standard to 33JT drill chuck arbor
- 3/8"- 6" long Indexable boring bar - CCMT inserts
- 3/8" indexable TCMT carbide inserts
- Premium P1 cut-off blade, 5 center drills
This package contains our best versions of all the tooling you need to be productive with your 7x10, 7x12, 7x14, or 7x16 mini lathe.
QCTP: The 0XA (Series 000) quick change tool post features all steel construction and wedge type tool post for better clamping and repeatability. All working parts are hardened and ground. Sealed for maintenance-free operation.
Tool holders designed for mini lathes and other lathes with limited distance from the top of the compound to the center of the lathe. This tool post mounts with an M10 stud, which is included.
This set includes the tool post and the following tool holders:
2 - #1 Turning & Facing
1 - #2 Boring, Turning & Facing
1 - #4 Heavy Duty Boring will hold both 3/8 and 1/2 boring bars
1 - #7 Universal Parting Blade (for 1/2 inch cut-off blade - horizontal)
Drill Chuck: The 1/2" capacity professional grade drill chuck is mounted on a short 2MT shank for the mini lathe. Specifically designed for the mini lathe tailstock, the rated capacity is 1 mm (0.039") to 13 mm (0.512"). All working parts are hardened. Chuck key included. Number 33 Jacobs taper mount. This chuck is comparable to a Jacobs 34-33 heavy duty drill chuck, including the runout specification of 0.004" (0.10 mm) or less.
Indexable Inserts: Indexable turning tools are made by Arthur R. Warner Co. in the USA. These Warner precision tool holder kits use carbide inserts and include three styles of tools, AR right hand, E Neutral (threading tool - 60° angle), and AL left hand. Kit includes three tool holders, TCMT inserts, one extra TCMT-21.52 carbide insert, one extra Torx screw, and one wrench.
Boring Bar: This 3/8" diameter indexable boring bar uses CCMT inserts and is 6" long. The minimum bore diameter for this is 0.50". The boring bar takes CCMT 21.51 or CCMT 21.52 inserts.
Cut-Off Blade: The premium P1 parting blade is 1/16" x 1/2" x 4-1/2" and made from M2 HSS by Arthur R. Warner Co. in the USA. These T-shape parting blades provide great side clearance.
Center Drills: Five sizes combined drills and countersinks made of high speed steel. Sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 with 60 degree counter sinks.
This product is specifically designed for use on the mini lathe tailstock.
The 2 Morse taper is the correct length for the lathes listed below. Don't buy this product for other lathes as it won't eject from the tailstock when you retract the quill.
If you want this product for a Grizzly G0765 7x14 lathe, put a note on your order: "For a G0765. Need a standard length drill chuck arbor." We will substitute the correct arbor.Make sure you get the correct inserts and retaining screws for your indexable turning tools.
Our chart of indexable inserts shows which inserts and which screw to use with each of our indexable tools.P-type cut-off (or parting) blades are T-shaped (don't ask). Because the body of the tool is narrower than the cutting tip, friction is reduced making the difficult task of parting off somewhat easier.
Size P1 blades are 1/16" wide and are the most commonly-used size. P1N blades are 0.040" wide. These thinner blades are good for small work. P1X blades are 5/64" wide. Use these thicker blades for parting off larger diameters where you need additional stiffness.
It is easier to part off large diameters if you cut a groove that is wider than the cut-off blade. First, make a cut about 0.100" deep. Now back out and move over at least 0.010". Cut in again, widening the slot. Continue with this cut until you are 0.100" deeper than the first slot. Repeat this process, moving back and forth, until you are through.Combined drills and countersinks, commonly called center drills, are used to produce a center hole on a workpiece for turning between centers. Center drills are also used to start drilled holes. Because they are very stiff they don't have a tendency to wander.
Here are the sizes of center drills.
This QCTP is a bolt-on accessory for the mini lathe.
To mount this QCTP on other small lathes, you may have to make a bushing or re-work the center stud so that you can mount it to a smaller threaded hole
See the comparison chart of the quick change tool post sets we carry.The 0XA quick change tool post and the associated tool holders were developed by Tormach and LittleMachineShop.com in cooperation.
|| 2 3/4"
The 0XA tool post and tool holders were optimized to work with all versions of mini lathes, including 7x10, 7x12, 7x14 and 7x16 mini lathes.The two 0XA tool posts (3112 and 3048) are the same except for the cut-off tool holder.
The 3112 has a cut-off tool holder that mounts the blade horizontally. Thus it can be used on lathes that have only 5/8” from the top of the compound to the centerline of the lathe, like the 7x mini lathes.
The 3048 has a cut-off tool holder that mounts the blade at a 4 degree angle. It needs ¾” from the top of the compound to the centerline because of the angled cut off blade.Here are instructions for mounting the 0XA QCTP on various lathes.
This product contains the following items:
Arbor, Drill Chuck 2MT Short to 33JT
Boring Bar, 3/8" Indexable
Center Drills, HSS, Set of 5 (Numbers 1-5)
Cut-Off Blade, P1, M2 HSS
Drill Chuck, 1/2" Professional Grade
Quick Change Tool Post Set, 0XA, Horizontal Cut-Off, Mini Lathe
Turning Tools, 3/8" Indexable, CarbideTriangle Inserts, A R Warner
This product works with lathes with a 80 mm flange chuck mount including:
- Grizzly M1015 Shop Fox 6x10 Micro Lathe
- Micro-Mark 85181 MicroLux 6x10 Micro Lathe
- SIEG C1 6x10 Micro Lathe
- Woodstock International M1015 Shop Fox 6x10 Micro Lathe
- Enco 110-0803 Enco 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Harbor Freight 93212 Central Machinery 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Harbor Freight 33684 Central Machinery 7x10 Mini Lathe
- MSC 0192857 Enco 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Bolton CQ9318 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Busy Bee Tools CX704 Craftex 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Cummins (Tools Now) 5278 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Eastwood 32497 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Grizzly G8688 7x12 Mini Metal Lathe
- Harbor Freight 93799 Central Machinery 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Homier 03911 Speedway 7x12 Mini Bench Metal Lathe
- Northern Tool 49656 KLUTCH 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Princess Auto 8507659 Powerfist 7x12 Mini Lathe
- SIEG C2 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Tormach 30689 7x12 Duality Lathe
- Travers Tools OT222300 OTMT 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Warco 3004 7x12 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 3005 7x12 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
- WEN 3455 WEN 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Micro-Mark 82500 MicroLux 7x12 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4100 HiTorque 7x12 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4200 HiTorque 7x12 Deluxe Mini Lathe
- SIEG SC2 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Micro-Mark 82710 MicroLux 7x14 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4959 SIEG 7x14 Mini Lathe
- SIEG C3 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Warco 4820-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 4800-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
- Grizzly G0765 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Micro-Mark 84631 MicroLux 7x16 Mini Lathe
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.