Part Number: 5000
Weight: 33.6 lb
The price above includes $13.36 tariff surcharge.
Share this page:
- Precision ways are approximately 28-3/8" long
- Rack is approximately 17-3/4" long
- Lead screw is approximately 29-5/16" long
This lathe bed extension kit turns your 7x10, 7x12, or 7x14 lathe into a 7x16 lathe. This lathe conversion kit includes a bed casting, a lead screw, a rack, a motor mount, a chip pan, 2 chip pan braces, several fasteners, and complete instructions.
The 7x16 bed is actually 8" longer than the 7x10 bed. It is 4" longer than the 7x12 bed.
This is NOT a bolt-together kit. You must drill and tap 9 holes in the new bed casting to match your lathe. You need three metric taps: M3x0.5, M6x1, and M8x1.25. If you don't have metric drills, you can use letter and number drills for tap drills. (The sizes are given in the instructions.)
This kit comes with complete instructions for installation.
If you don't have the metric taps required, we have a tap and tap drill kit that has just what you need to install this kit.Here is "not really a review" of the bed extension kit.Here is a drawing of the bed way cross section.
This product works with the following lathes:
- Harbor Freight 33684 Central Machinery 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Harbor Freight 93212 Central Machinery 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Bolton CQ9318 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Busy Bee Tools CX704 Craftex 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Cummins (Tools Now) 5278 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Grizzly G8688 7x12 Mini Metal Lathe
- Harbor Freight 93799 Central Machinery 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Homier 03911 Speedway 7x12 Mini Bench Metal Lathe
- SIEG C2 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Tormach 30689 7x12 Duality Lathe
- Warco 3004 7x12 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 3005 7x12 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
- Micro-Mark 82500 MicroLux 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Micro-Mark 82710 MicroLux 7x14 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com C3 SIEG 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Big Dog BD-0618Ax300 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Big Dog BD-0618x300 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Warco 4820-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 4800-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
- Grizzly G0765 7x14 Mini Lathe
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.