Part Number: 5124
Weight: 3.40 lb
Purchased individually $90.60
The price above includes $4.24 tariff surcharge.
Share this page:
- 3/8" indexable TCMT inserts
- 9-piece carbide boring bar set - 3/8" shank
- 1/2" drill chuck, 2MT short to 33JT drill chuck arbor
- 4 center drills (sizes 1-4)
- P1N cut-off blade
This package contains all the tooling you need to be productive with your HiTorque deluxe mini lathe on the first day you own it.
The package does not include a quick change tool post because there is one on the model 4200/5200/7350 lathe.
The 1/2" capacity drill chuck is mounted on a short 2 Morse taper shank for the mini lathe. This chuck is specifically designed for the mini lathe tailstock. The rated capacity of the drill chuck is 1 mm (0.039") to 13 mm (0.512").
The set of indexable turning tools includes 5 tools (TAR, TAL, TBR, TBL, TE), inserts, a wrench, and extra screws. It comes in a wooden case. The carbide inserts are TCMT21.51.
The carbide tipped 9-piece boring bar set includes three different length boring bars each for minimum bores of 5/16", 3/8", and 7/16". The bore depth ranges from 3/4" to 2-1/4". The heat treated, alloy steel shanks are held to 0.000 to -0.0005" from the nominal diameter.
The P1 parting blade is 1/16" x 1/2" x 4-1/2" and made from M2 HSS. These T-shape parting blades provide great side clearance.
This package includes 4 different sizes of combined drills and countersinks, commonly called center drills. The center drill set is high speed steel and includes sizes 1, 2, 3, and 4. These are 60 degree center drills. These are the sizes that are most used by bench top machinists.
This product is specifically designed for use on the mini lathe tailstock.
The 2 Morse taper is the correct length for the lathes listed below. Don't buy this product for other lathes as it won't eject from the tailstock when you retract the quill.
If you want this product for a Grizzly G0765 7x14 lathe, put a note on your order: "For a G0765. Need a standard length drill chuck arbor." We will substitute the correct arbor.Make sure you get the correct inserts and retaining screws for your indexable turning tools.
Our chart of indexable inserts shows which inserts and which screw to use with each of our indexable tools.P-type cut-off (or parting) blades are T-shaped (don't ask). Because the body of the tool is narrower than the cutting tip, friction is reduced making the difficult task of parting off somewhat easier.
Size P1 blades are 1/16" wide and are the most commonly-used size. P1N blades are 0.040" wide. These thinner blades are good for small work. P1X blades are 5/64" wide. Use these thicker blades for parting off larger diameters where you need additional stiffness.
It is easier to part off large diameters if you cut a groove that is wider than the cut-off blade. First, make a cut about 0.100" deep. Now back out and move over at least 0.010". Cut in again, widening the slot. Continue with this cut until you are 0.100" deeper than the first slot. Repeat this process, moving back and forth, until you are through.Combined drills and countersinks, commonly called center drills, are used to produce a center hole on a workpiece for turning between centers. Center drills are also used to start drilled holes. Because they are very stiff they don't have a tendency to wander.
Here are the sizes of center drills.
|| 2 3/4"
This product contains the following items:
This product works with lathes with a short 2 Morse taper tailstock taper including:
- Enco 110-0803 Enco 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Harbor Freight 33684 Central Machinery 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Harbor Freight 93212 Central Machinery 7x10 Mini Lathe
- MSC 0192857 Enco 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Bolton CQ9318 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Busy Bee Tools CX704 Craftex 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Cummins (Tools Now) 5278 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Eastwood 32497 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Grizzly G8688 7x12 Mini Metal Lathe
- Harbor Freight 93799 Central Machinery 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Homier 03911 Speedway 7x12 Mini Bench Metal Lathe
- Northern Tool 49656 KLUTCH 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Princess Auto 8507659 Powerfist 7x12 Mini Lathe
- SIEG C2 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Tormach 30689 7x12 Duality Lathe
- Travers Tools OT222300 OTMT 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Warco 3004 7x12 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 3005 7x12 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
- WEN 3455 WEN 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Micro-Mark 82500 MicroLux 7x12 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4200 HiTorque 7x12 Deluxe Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4100 HiTorque 7x12 Mini Lathe
- SIEG SC2 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Micro-Mark 82710 MicroLux 7x14 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4959 SIEG 7x14 Mini Lathe
- SIEG C3 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Big Dog BD-0618Ax300 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Big Dog BD-0618x300 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Warco 4820-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 4800-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
- Micro-Mark 84631 MicroLux 7x16 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 7350 HiTorque 7x16 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 5100 HiTorque 7x16 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 5200 HiTorque 7x16 Mini Lathe
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.