Part Number: 5633
Weight: 3.20 lb
Share this page:
- Quick and accurate way to set quill depth of cut on 5500 Bench Top Mill
- Press the button and the nut disengages from the thread
- Slide to desired position and release the button to engage threads
- Turn the nut for micro-adjustments
- Set accurate and consistent depth of cut for repeated machining operations
The Quill Stop provides a quick and accurate way to set the quill depth of cut. It is great for drilling multiple holes to the same depth. The Quill Stop is also very handy in performing single or repeated chamfering of parts. To set up the chamfer the first time on a part, turn the mill off and simply lower the cutter to the top of the part, lock the fine feed knob, and back-off one full turn (turn the Button Nut clockwise as viewed from the top). Then start the mill and turn the Button Nut on the Quill Stop counter clockwise in small increments until the cutter contacts the part. Then continue turning the Button Nut counterclockwise and alternately lowering the quill until the desired chamfer is achieved.
The Quill Stop works equally well performing inside chamfers using typical chamfering mills, and outside chamfers using, for example, a hollow mill.
The Quill Stop is simple to operate
Simply press the button and the nut disengages from the thread
Slide to desired position and release the button to engage the threads
Turning the nut then allows for precision micro‐adjustments of depth of cutThis kit comes with complete instructions for installation.
- Requires no modifications to the mill
- Made to exacting specifications in precision machining centers in the USA
This product works with the following mills:
- LittleMachineShop.com 5500 HiTorque Bench Mill
- SIEG SX2.7 Bench Mill
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.