Part Number: 5622
Weight: 0.50 lb
Share This Page
- Creates square and hexagonal, blind or through holes
- Broach depth to 1.5 times broach width
- Mounts to 33 Jacobs taper arbor
- Adjustment free style meaning the setup time is as fast and easy as possible
- Uses 8 mm broaches
The rotary broach creates square and hexagonal, blind or through holes. It can be used in a milling machine or a lathe.
The broaching depth can be up to 1.5 times the dimension across the flats of the shape you want to broach. For example, you can broach a ¼" square hole up to 0.375" deep.
The material to be broached should not be harder than 200 Brinell. This means you can broach aluminum, brass, bronze, soft cast iron, and mild steel. In general, you are safe with any steel where the last two digits of the AISI number are less than 30.
The rotary broach tool holder is a lot like a live center. There is a bearing between the tool and the shank. But the tool is mounted at a 1-degree angle to the shank. So as the shank rotates, it "wobbles" the cutting tool. This 1-degree wobble advances each of the facet cutting edges in turn as the broach advances into the hole. The material that is removed curls into the bottom of the hole.
Rotary broaching is a fast and accurate method of producing internal polygon forms.
Here's a photo of a hex hole made with the rotary broach.
This rotary tool can handle up to 850 pounds of axial load. This is enough force to broach a 1/2" hex shape in steel.
Typically bearing life is 100 to 1000 broaches depending on broach size, depth, and type of materiel being broached.
Bearings are inexpensive and easy to replace using snap ring pliers and a press (Internal and external snap ring pliers required)
Never needs re-lubrication, simply replace the sealed bearings
This product works with these LittleMachineShop.com products:
- 3543 Arbor, Drill Chuck 0MT Standard to 33JT
- 1894 Arbor, Drill Chuck 1MT Tang to 33JT
- 1883 Arbor, Drill Chuck 2MT Drawbar to 33JT
- 1804 Arbor, Drill Chuck 2MT Short to 33JT
- 2955 Arbor, Drill Chuck 2MT Standard to 33JT
- 1190 Arbor, Drill Chuck 2MT Tang to 33JT
- 1806 Arbor, Drill Chuck 3MT Drawbar to 33JT
- 1192 Arbor, Drill Chuck 3MT Tang to 33JT
- 1676 Arbor, Drill Chuck R8 to 33JT
- 2436 Arbor, Drill Chuck, Tormach TTS to 33JT
This item ships directly from our supplier in Arkansas to you. It might
be a day or two longer before it ships, and you will receive it in a separate
package from other items on your order. You might receive this item a few
days before or a few days after you receive items shipped from our warehouse.
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.