Basic Machining Reference Handbook
- Basic Machining Reference Handbook, Second Edition
- By Arthur R. Meyers and Thomas J. Slattery
- 308 pages, softcover, 6" x 9"
- ISBN 978-0-8311-0201-2
- Copyright 2001
* Includes expanded chapters on numerical control and computerized operations.
* Contains additional speeds and feeds tables, general troubleshooting concepts, and a basic review of relevant computer terms and applications.
* Emphasizes the hands-on concept of developing and refining skills, along with knowledge of metals and machining processes by means of application.
* Offers tips on checking material hardness, ensuring that temperature variations won't put parts out of tolerance.
* Reviews and presents metals and heat-treating with emphasis on aspects most important to machining.
* Presents checklists containing considerations involved, the steps and functions required, and the most appropriate sequences.
* Includes a checklist of stock and the steps involved, along with a review of both basic machining steps and the axes and other factors pertinent to N/C control and operation needed to complete the program.
Chapter 1. Measurement Standards
Chapter 2. Cut-off
Chapter 3. Turning and the Lathe: Definition and History
Chapter 4. The Milling Machine
Chapter 5. Sensitive, Gear-Head, and Radial Drill Presses
Chapter 6. Grinding
Chapter 7. Steels, Alloys, and Other Materials
Chapter 8. Numerical Control and CNC
Chapter 9. Cost Per Cut in the Computer Age