Lathe Dog, 40 mm
- Straight tail lathe dog
- 40 mm (1.57") workpiece capacity
- Secure lathe dog rotation with lathe dog driver
Weight: 0.62 lb
This product is currently backordered.
What is "estimated availability"?
Click this button if you want to receive an email notification when this product becomes available.
Use a lathe dog to drive the work when you are turning between centers.
This lathe dog has a workpiece capacity of 40 mm (1.57").
Secure lathe dog rotation with lathe dog driver.
- It's very concentric, accurate (less runout than a chuck), and repeatable. That means you can remove your workpiece, measure it, test it, even flip it end for end -- and then put it right back on center.
- Because of this accuracy, it's easier to blend cuts that you make from both ends.
- It's easier for long or irregular workpieces that don't easily fit in a chuck.
- By offsetting the tailstock, you can accurately turn tapers.