Loctite 222 Purple Low Strength Threadlocker for Small Fasteners
- For 1/4" dia. and smaller fasteners. NSF-P1 certified for food-processing areas.
- 10 ml bottle
Loctite® 222™ Low Strength Purple Threadlocker is ideal for fastener diameters of 1/4" (6mm) and smaller. Its controlled lubricity allows for accurate clamp loads. Parts can be separated using hand tools.
LOCTITE® 222 is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require easy disassembly with standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration. Low strength Loctite is particularly suitable for applications such as adjustment of set screws, small diameter or long engagement length fasteners, where easy disassembly is required without shearing the screw. The thixotropic nature of LOCTITE® 222 purple threadlocker reduces the migration of liquid product after application to the substrate.
To assemble threaded fasteners with Loctite:
Disassembly of Loctite 222 and 242
Loctite Primer is recommended when working with aluminum, black-oxide finishes, cadmium, stainless steel, titanium, and zinc. Here is the Safety Data Sheet for this product.
- For best results, clean all surfaces (external and internal) with a LOCTITE® cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
- If the material is an inactive metal or the cure speed is too slow, spray all threads with Activator 7471™ or 7649™ and allow to dry.
- Shake the product thoroughly before use.
- To prevent the product from clogging in the nozzle, do not allow the tip to touch metal surfaces during application.
- For Thru Holes, apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- For Blind Holes, apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
- For Sealing Applications, apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first thread free. Force the material into the threads to thoroughly fill the voids. For bigger threads and voids, adjust product amount accordingly and apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
- Remove with standard hand tools.
- In rare instances where hand tools do not work because of excessive engagement length, apply localized heat to nut or bolt to approximately 250 °C. Disassemble while hot.
|WARNING: This product can expose you to cumene hydroperoxide, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.|