Driver, Lathe Dog, M6
- Lathe Dog Driving Pin
- For mini lathes with 80 mm (3") chuck mounting flanges
- Fits M6 mounting holes
Part Number: 4476
Weight: 0.03 lb
Weight: 0.03 lb
M6 lathe dog driver acts as a holding pin when using a lathe dog that has a straight tail. Bolt into 80 mm (3") faceplates that have M6 mounting holes.
The photo shows how to use a lathe dog and drive pin with the mini lathe.
Lathe dogs are the perfect solution for turning between centers. (That's where you mount a dead center in the headstock and another center -- usually a live center -- in the tailstock. You then mount the workpiece, which has a small divot machined into each end, between the centers.) To drive the workpiece, you place a lathe dog on it; the lathe dog is pushed around by a driver pin screwed in to a faceplate or the spindle, as shown above.
Sounds complicated, right? So why turn between centers instead of just chucking your workpiece?
- It's very concentric, accurate (less runout than a chuck), and repeatable. That means you can remove your workpiece, measure it, test it, even flip it end for end -- and then put it right back on center.
- Because of this accuracy, it's easier to blend cuts that you make from both ends.
- It's easier for long or irregular workpieces that don't easily fit in a chuck.
- By offsetting the tailstock, you can accurately turn tapers.
This product works with lathes with a 80 mm flange chuck mount including:
- Grizzly M1015 Shop Fox 6x10 Micro Lathe
- Micro-Mark 85181 MicroLux 6x10 Micro Lathe
- SIEG C1 6x10 Micro Lathe
- Woodstock International M1015 Shop Fox 6x10 Micro Lathe
- Enco 110-0803 Enco 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Harbor Freight 93212 Central Machinery 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Harbor Freight 33684 Central Machinery 7x10 Mini Lathe
- MSC 0192857 Enco 7x10 Mini Lathe
- Bolton CQ9318 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Busy Bee Tools CX704 Craftex 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Cummins (Tools Now) 5278 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Eastwood 32497 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Grizzly G8688 7x12 Mini Metal Lathe
- Harbor Freight 93799 Central Machinery 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Homier 03911 Speedway 7x12 Mini Bench Metal Lathe
- Northern Tool 49656 KLUTCH 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Princess Auto 8507659 Powerfist 7x12 Mini Lathe
- SIEG C2 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Tormach 30689 7x12 Duality Lathe
- Travers Tools OT222300 OTMT 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Warco 3004 7x12 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 3005 7x12 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
- WEN 3455 WEN 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Micro-Mark 82500 MicroLux 7x12 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4100 HiTorque 7x12 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4200 HiTorque 7x12 Deluxe Mini Lathe
- SIEG SC2 7x12 Mini Lathe
- Micro-Mark 82710 MicroLux 7x14 Mini Lathe
- LittleMachineShop.com 4959 SIEG 7x14 Mini Lathe
- SIEG C3 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Warco 4820-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Metric)
- Warco 4800-350 7x14 Mini Lathe (Imperial)
- Grizzly G0765 7x14 Mini Lathe
- Micro-Mark 84631 MicroLux 7x16 Mini Lathe