Taps, Spiral Point, Individual Sizes
- HSS spiral point plug style taps
- Two and three flute styles
- Threading from 0-80 to 10-32 (two flute)
- Threading from 1/4"-20 to 1/2"-20 (three flute)
- Course and fine threads (see individual records)
Spiral point style plug taps have the same general tap dimensions as straight flute taps however they have the first few threads cut at an angle which enhances the removal of chips from the cutting surface. This design makes spiral point taps ideal for production tapping of through holes.
The flutes on a spiral point tap are more shallow than those of a conventional tap resulting in more surface area for cutting, making them stronger thereby allowing for higher cutting speeds and less power required for the tap to travel.
These two flute taps are available in sizes ranging from 0-80 to 10-32 thread. The three flute taps are available in sizes 1/4"-20 through 1/2"-20.
Individual taps have course or fine threading. See individual product records for details.