Air Spring Conversion Kit
- Converts torsion spring mini mills to air spring
- Allows travel to the top of the column
- Provides better support for the mill head
Most mini mills use a torsion spring mounted on the side of the column to support the head. This air spring conversion kit provides all the parts required to change to a vertical air spring that mounts inside and above the column.
With the air spring installed, you can move the mill head up until the top of the casting is almost flush with the top of the column. You can move it down until it almost contacts the adjustable Z-axis stop set in its lowest position.
Besides all the parts required to mount the air spring, this kit also includes a longer Z-axis rack so you can take advantage of the longer head motion.
This air spring has about 35 pounds of force. This is not enough to totally support the head, but it is a heck of a lot more support than the torsion arm provides.
This product works with the following mills. (If your machine is not on this list, we cannot verify compatibility.)
- Bolton XJ-9510 Mill/Drill
- Clarke CMD300 Milling Drilling Machine
- Grizzly G8689 Mini Milling Machine
- Hare & Forbes HM-10 Mill/Drill
- Princess Auto 8507667 Powerfist Mini Mill
- SIEG X2-MT3 Mini Mill
- Micro-Mark 82573 MicroLux Milling Machine
- BusyBee CX605 Craftex Mini Mill
- Cummins (Tools Now) 7877 Mini Mill
- Eastwood 32498 Mini Mill
- Harbor Freight 44991 Central Machinery Mill/Drill
- Homier 03947 Speedway Mini Mill
- Northern Tool 49657 KLUTCH Mini Mill
- Penn Tool Co XJ-9510-1 Precise Mini Mill
- SIEG X2-R8 Mini Mill
- Travers Tools OT2213 OTMT Mini Mill
- SIEG X2P Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 4962 SIEG Mini Mill
- SIEG X2D Mini Mill
- SIEG X2L Mini Mill
- WEN 33013 WEN Mini Mill
- BusyBee CX705 Craftex Lathe Mill Combo
- Grizzly G0516 Lathe Mill Combo
- SIEG M6 Multi-purpose Machine