Arbor, Drill Chuck, Tormach TTS to 33JT
Part Number: 2436
Weight: 0.58 lb
Share This Page
- Quick change arbor for 1/2" drill chucks
- Minimal clearance height for tool change
- Repeatable tool positioning
- Hardened and precision ground
Part of the Tormach Tooling System (TTS) this 33JT arbor is used for mounting standard keyed and keyless drill chucks.
Tool switching with the Tormach Tooling System (TTS) is extremely easy: Simply loosen the drawbar, slide out the current tool holder, then slip in the next and retighten. The unique geometry of the TTS tool holder ensures that, as the drawbar is tightened, the tool holder moves into an exact Z height while increasing rigidity. Each TTS holder has a shoulder that is undercut so it contacts the spindle itself, not the end of the collet. As the drawbar is tightened the collet will simultaneously squeeze the shank and be pulled upward into the spindle taper. This simultaneous action, grasping while moving up, pulls the tool holder tightly against the spindle face. The high-pressure contact between the shoulder of the tool holder and the spindle is the equivalent of a zero tolerance fit; the vertical location (Z-height) of the tool is exact. The initial placement, created by simply sliding the tool holder up until it stops, is normally within a few thousandths of an inch. The final location, after tightening the collet, is exact, highly repeatable, and not affected by the variable tension of the drawbar or wear on the collet.
Here is the complete Tormach Tooling System Catalog and the Tormach Tooling System Manual.
Here is an animated graphic showing how the Tormach Tooling System works.
Here is a picture showing how the Tormach Tooling System works.
This product works with these LittleMachineShop.com products:
This product works with mills with a 3 Morse taper spindle taper and a R8 spindle taper including:
- Grizzly G0516 Lathe Mill Combo
- Bolton XJ9510 Mill/Drill
- Cummins (Tools Now) 7877 Mini Mill
- Grizzly G8689 Mini Milling Machine
- Harbor Freight 44991 Central Machinery Mini Mill/Drill
- Hare & Forbes HM-10 Mini Mill Drill
- Homier 03947 Speedway Mini Mill
- Micro-Mark 82573 MicroLux Milling Machine
- SIEG X2/SX2 Mini Mill
- Grizzly G0781 Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com X2D SIEG Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 4962 SIEG Mini Mill
- Micro-Mark 84630 MicroLux R8 Milling Machine
- LittleMachineShop.com 3900 HiTorque Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 3960 HiTorque Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 3990 HiTorque Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 4190 HiTorque Mini Mill
- SIEG X2L/SX2L Mini Mill
- SIEG X2LF/SX2LF Mini Mill
- Grizzly G0463 Mill / Drill
- Grizzly G0619 Mill / Drill
- Grizzly G0704 Drill / Mill
- Grizzly G0759 Mill/Drill
- Harbor Freight 93885 Central Machinery Milling and Drilling Machine
- LittleMachineShop.com 5500 HiTorque Bench Mill
- SIEG X3 Small Mill
- SIEG SX3 Mill / Drill
- SIEG X2.7/SX2.7 Bench Mill
- Grizzly G3102, G3103 Vertical Mill
- Tabletop Mill/drill
- Rong Fu RF-xx Milling & Drilling Machine
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.
Copyright © 2007-2018 LittleMachineShop.com
Phone: (800) 981-9663