HiTorque 7x16 Mini Lathe with Tooling Package and Stand
- Most powerful lathe in its class with most low-speed torque in its class
- Includes premium tooling package
- No gears in spindle drive
- Cam lock tailstock
Weight: 222 lb
This product is currently backordered.
What is "estimated availability"?
Click this button if you want to receive an email notification when this product becomes available.
The LittleMachineShop.com HiTorque Mini Lathe is the best in its class. It has the most power, most torque, and a longer center distance than other lathes in its class.
The 500 Watt brushless spindle drive motor provides tremendous low-end torque. And you can vary the speed from 50 rpm to 2500 rpm continuously in both directions. There are no gears to shift.
The cross feed and compound rest dials are graduated in 0.001" and 0.025 mm.
Real top and bottom half-nuts and a reversible 16 TPI lead screw provide extended threading capability. You can create every American Standard Unified class 2A inch screw thread from 4 to 80 threads per inch, and you can create every American Standard Metric class 6h thread from 0.3 to 8 mm pitch with the extra 21 tooth change gear that is included.
The lathe includes a chip tray, a backsplash guard, and spreaders to give the feet a broader stance.
The LittleMachineShop.com model 5100 HiTorque Mini Lathe is a version of the SIEG SC2.
The Premium Tooling Package includes a high-quality all-steel wedge-style quick change tool post set with five tool holders, a 1/2" professional-grade drill chuck on a 2 Morse taper shank, American-made indexable turning tools, an indexable boring bar, a premium cut-off blade, and center drills.
- Our HiTorque machines do not have the plastic gears that break. When you read about mini lathes and mini mills breaking plastic gears, the vast majority of cases involve the two-speed gears inside the head. HiTorque machines, with the brushless DC drive, have a belt directly from the motor to the spindle. No gears at all in the spindle drive.
- Our larger HiTorque bench lathes have no plastic gear at all. Every gear is metal.
- Plastic gears are quieter than metal gears. Metal change gears raise the sound level to an objectional level.
- Plastic gears are appropriate to this application. They work fine and when you crash your lathe, they provide an inexpensive, easy to replace “mechanical fuse”.
- Plastic gears are more economical. We choose not to charge extra for a basically worthless feature.
- Mini Lathe Users Guide written by Chris Wood
- 500 Watt output spindle motor
- No gears in spindle drive
- E-stop safety power switch
- Zero-settable hand wheels graduated in 0.001" on cross slide and compound rest
- Extended threading capability - inch and metric threads
- Rear apron shield to keep swarf out of the mechanism
- Cam lock tailstock
- Four-way tool post
- Reversible lead screw for right and left hand threads
|Swing Over Bed||7" (180 mm)|
|Swing Over Saddle||4.3" (110 mm)|
|Distance Between Centers||16" (410 mm)|
|Spindle Through Hole||0.8" (20 mm)|
|Spindle Motor Output||0.7 hp (500 Watts)|
|Range of Threads||4-80 TPI (0.3-8 mm)|
|Spindle Taper||#3 Morse taper|
|Tailstock Taper||#2 Morse taper|
|Spindle Speed||50 - 2500 RPM|
|Cross Slide Travel||2.6" (65 mm)|
|Power Requirements||120 V 60 Hz 8 Amps|
|Shipping Weight||112 lbs (51 kg)|
|Machine Weight||97 lbs (44 kg)|
|Overall Dimensions (W x D x H)||27" x 10" x 12" (685 mm x 260 mm x 300 mm)|
|Shipping Dimensions (W x D x H)||30" x 16" x 15" (770 mm x 410 mm x 380 mm)|
These machines ship by freight truck because they are simply too heavy and bulky for UPS Parcel Service. If your location will be difficult for larger truck/Semi-trailer, please let us know.
We normally ship truck orders a day or two after we receive the order. For local orders transportation usually takes no more than a day or two. For orders going across county or over water the transportation time can be up to a week or longer.
We add the following shipping cost to your order total:
We ship machines only to the US and Canada.
Freight Terminal (pick-up)
Commercial Address (inc. Limited Access Sites)
**Liftgate: Add liftgate if forklift or loading dock is not available onsite.
*Local refers to the parts of Southern California served by Hollywood Delivery Service.
**Liftgate service is included in local delivery and residential delivery. A loading dock or forklift is assumed in commercial deliveries. If these are not available, please add this extra service.
- Contact and delivery. Ensure you choose the correct type of delivery, have a dedicated contact person/number, and are ready on day of delivery. Freight companies charge an additional fee if delivery exceeds 30 minutes.
- Only one shipping charge for entire pallet (up to 700 pounds total). The shipping charges shown above cover the cost of shipping the machine and anything else that you purchase with it, including a second machine, stand, tooling, and accessories.
- A "commercial address" has a sign with company name, a public entrance and posted hours of operation. If you are running a business at your residence without a public entrance and posted company name and hours of operation it is considered a residence and a not commercial address.
- A "limited access" designation is required for "Secured Locations" (schools, colleges, universities, university hospitals, military bases, government facilities, etc). Please provide accurate details on delivery in special instructions.
- "Terminal Pickup" allows for pickup at local terminal. If there is not a terminal within 50 miles (or 1 hour), we will confirm with you that you still want Terminal Pickup. Terminals tend to be near highways (usually miltiple intersecting) and industrial centers. Only certain terminals allow pick-up.
- "Residential delivery" does not include moving machine into home/garage/workshop or any setup. Delivery is to start of driveway on the street that the delivery truck can access. (See inside delivery below.)
For delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico
We will check with several trucking companies to get the best price and then call for your approval before we ship.
Truck Freight shipping to Canada involves 3 distinct charges in addition to the product costs. (All amounts are in US Dollars, see the current mid-market exchange rate.)
- Canadian Provincial Taxes (GST, PST, HST) depending on which province the shipment is going to. This will be 5% - 15% added to total sales amount depending on province (Canadian Sales Tax).
- Hemisphere Customs Brokerage which handles all customs clearance requirements. This is a flat fee of $108 on any shipment.
- Truck Freight from Southern California to destination in Canada. This is generally $300-$500 for residential liftgate delivery and appointment for single machine + tooling orders. Delivery to a terminal for pick-up or a commercial location with loading capabilities can reduce this cost substantially.
To get a quotation that includes the shipping costs, add the products you want to the shopping cart and continue the checkout process until you reach the Payment page. On the Payment page, select the Quotation option. We will add the shipping costs and return a complete quotation to you within one business day.
Some carriers offer Inside Delivery which gets the machine inside one doorway or into your garage. If you select this we will confirm availability before shipping:
|Inside Delivery||Local||Continental US|
Gets the machine inside 1 threshold
This is simply pushing pallet jack to move crate a little closer to destination or up driveway into garage.
Once shipment in transit carrier can not change service or refund charge. CALL IF QUESTIONS...